• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front RE Coils, does this look normal ?

Hylander

NAXJA Forum User
97 Cherokee 3.5: RE lift
My Bumps stops are hitting my Coils.
They are not centered.

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

your control arms are too short for your lift... although at 3 inches it seems weird. do you have stock arms, or RE?

what's the life been like for the cherokee's unibody? ive got one bump tower bent forward just like that(same kit), maybe youve bent both?

hydraulic bumpstops would be the fix!

what's the life been like for the cherokee's unibody? ive got one bump tower bent forward just like that(same kit), maybe youve bent both?

hydraulic bumpstops would be the fix!

Truck has alomost never been off road.
You can see by this pic that the bump stops are pointed forward by the angle of the body, this is how they are from the factory.
It seems odd though

IMG_0027.jpg

That actually looks normal. I had the same lift with stock uppers and RE lowers and it sat like that. The coils actually gave about 4 to 4.5 inches of lift and the coils would bow out like that. Got really bad after I added some spacers but when I did the drop brackets it all came back in line.

GetAttachment6.jpg

cant really see it too good but the bracket allows the control arms to mount to the unifram at a lower position allowing the front axle to come forward more

Last edited:
if your coil is in a straight line but tilting forward then both control arms are too long. If its bowed to the back, then your UCA's are too long, and if it is bowed to the front then your LCA's are adjusted too short.

if your coil is in a straight line but tilting forward then both control arms are too long. If its bowed to the back, then your UCA's are too long, and if it is bowed to the front then your LCA's are adjusted too short.

My Coils are in a straight line, they are not Bowed.

If my LCA's are to long or to short, wouldn't that prevemt it from being aligned correctly ?
My LCA adjustment is adjusted all the way back, I can move them forward probably about an inch, but wouldn't that take it out of alignment and also rotate my Pinion down putting the driveline at a bad angle ?

looks normal to me

Pic of mine for reference, RE 3.5" plus a .75" coil spacer

HPIM2124.jpg

That's what I used for my setup. Yes the pinion angle is not the best but caster takes precedence over pinion angle. I plan on taking care of mine in the next few weeks with some adjustable ball joints. I broke an axle shaft which took out the inner seal so I figure since I'm in there might as well

Back