• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjusting track bar??

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
i relifted my jeep from 4" to bout 5-5.5" anyways now my passagerside coil is bowed... how do ya go about adjust the track bar to the proper length?!

If it adjustable track bar, then measuring the distance between the center of the wheel and the fenderwell on both sides should give you the correct measurement

yes johnny it is!ok i cant just pull it off and it will align itself?! o btw, i called/ texted u back bout the coils!

Once you take the tracbar off, there are a couple of ways to center the vehicle. 1. Have a couple guys push the jeep till it looks centered and then measure the new distance you have to make the tracbar. 2. Use a winch or even a large ratchet strap hooked to a tree and pull it side ways. 3. Use your steering wheel and turn it back and forth to align it (usefull for putting the tracbar back on). Hope this helps.

Find a flat surface, undo the track bar, wiggle the vehicle back and forth, adjust to fit and reinstall. Worked fine for me multiple times, but im sure its not accurate to the T.

Agree.

Just pull the axle bolt, bounce the front end a few times and let it settle, then adjust the trackbar so you can reinstall the bolt.

Drive it and re-check, if it isn't set to your satisfaction, repeat the procedure.

ok sounds easy enough, ill do that!!!

i did mine the way you guys said by wiggling the wheel back and forth. my axle is centered correctly but when i turn the wheel the body moves alot. it did this before i got the adjustable trac bar too. any siggestions? 1996 xj 3inch rough country lift with adj LCA and trac bar

Back