• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How high of a lift

kosmik

NAXJA Forum User
Whats the highest i can lift my jeep before i have to get a sye kit, drive shaft and the brake lines having to be addressed.

it varys greatly between rigs..

my rig is an 89, 4.0/aw4/242/d44 and im at 5" of lift with a 1" TC drop, and i have no vibrations at all....

but on most 97+ i have read after about 2-3" they are more prone to driveline vibes and will need a SYE..

There are many different factors to research... the easiest thing to do is to lift it, and base your decision after a good test drive.

Like said above, there are many factors. 84-96 are more likely to take a taller lift than the 97-01. With minimal or no problems. And as with everything not all vehicles are created equal. Some take more or less than others. For older models I would say 3.5-4.5" is the limit before SYE or t-case drop(usually a temp solution), is required for little to no vibes. brakes lines at these heights usually only require moving the bracket, but newer TJ or daktoa lines (I think) can be had for cheap and give you some more clearance.

Mine is a 97 with the NP242 TC
I lifted it 4" front and 5" rear
I had pretty good Vibes.
Installed a 1" drop and it is much better and OK for on the road and easy driving, but some Vibes still remain.
So it stll needs an SYE. which it will get before I off road it.
Seems the older NP231 TC's with the longer rear housings are the ones that are more forgiving in the Vibe area.

strangely, it just depends on the jeep.

i've got a 00 limited with a 3.5" RE (sittin about 4) a d35 rear and a 242, so like a worst case scenario lift-wise, and i don't have any vibes, but i probably would if i did NOT have a 1" tc drop and shims.

strangely, it just depends on the jeep.

i've got a 00 limited with a 3.5" RE (sittin about 4) a d35 rear and a 242, so like a worst case scenario lift-wise, and i don't have any vibes, but i probably would if i did NOT have a 1" tc drop and shims.

Same setup on my 97, but no Shims.
What degree Shims do you have ?

It does preety much depend on the jeep .I got a 95 and at 3" i had very little vibes i put a 1" t case drop on and the vibes went away. Now im sitting at 5" and the vibes are back they arnt terrible but they are there. As far as brake lines go i have relocation brackets for now.

if you plan on wheelin it youll need brake lines at 3.5in. you can straighten the hard lines but they get tight and full droop. i was afraid of tearing them. you can get away with it, but definitely get a rear one. they max out even sooner.

Back