• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody on here making cages

pyrothugg

NAXJA Forum User
is anybody on here making any internal cages for sale. im looking at buying one in the next couple of months or so once i get back on my feet. and i figured you guys were the best resource for information. im looking for a decent cage but i cant afford to spend the $1k for the rockhard cage or anything crazy like that but if i can find a moderatly priced cage. id definatly feel a lot safer wheeling with the fiance and other passangers in the rig.my rigs a 2001 4 door so it has to be compatable with that. pictures are greatly appreciated.

ive heard xjguy on here used to make them but i tried sending him a pm and hes not accepting them so if anybody else on here is making them just let me know

ive heard xjguy on here used to make them but i tried sending him a pm and hes not accepting them so if anybody else on here is making them just let me know

Oh crap, not xjgay. Do a little more research on xjguy and you'll learn what a fraud douche he is.
If you need a cage kit, look at t&j or d&c for a good start.

http://www.dandcextreme.com/product_template.asp?pkID=126

http://tandjperformance.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_43&products_id=8

There are a few other kits available, but I think these are 2 of the best.

I'd go with the T&J... a friend of mine who fabs has installed a couple and said they're a great starting point.

for the money i think i might go with s & w as a starting point i just dont know what i am going to do about frame tie ins and probibly adding more triangulation and stuff to it

Call Devin at 818 353-2406. He built me a beautiful cage at a budget price, and will do it the way you want it. He and his dad work out of their house so you don't pay for overhead. They did the job quickly and did it well. We spent some time drawing it out and comparing it with other pictures and I am still happy.

Tell him Paul with the Black Cherokee sent you!

I'd go with the T&J... a friend of mine who fabs has installed a couple and said they're a great starting point.

Same, I have a T&J cage and it's AMAZING how well it goes together, and how tight it fits!

for the money i think i might go with s & w as a starting point i just dont know what i am going to do about frame tie ins and probibly adding more triangulation and stuff to it

Do a little research on the S&W cages and look at how HORRIBLE they fit. That's a dangerous cage... VERY dangerous.

At the end of the day when it comes down to it, $1,000 for a cage isn't going to get you much if someone else is fabbing it for you.

i like the t an j a lot and the d and c is okay but i was trying to stay under the 400 mark thats why i was thinking maybe a home brew cage would be better.i love cruzinillusions cage but i dont need anything that hardcore for now anyways just a basic 8 to 10pt cage that will keep everyone safe and not crush us in a roll. and yes i know 400 doesnt buy much. but i was thinking maybe homebrewd cage it might. but then again i havent even checked into the price of tubing yet so i dont even know what that alone cost per normal cage so 400 maybe unrealistic

i like the t an j a lot and the d and c is okay but i was trying to stay under the 400 mark thats why i was thinking maybe a home brew cage would be better.i love cruzinillusions cage but i dont need anything that hardcore for now anyways just a basic 8 to 10pt cage that will keep everyone safe and not crush us in a roll. and yes i know 400 doesnt buy much. but i was thinking maybe homebrewd cage it might. but then again i havent even checked into the price of tubing yet so i dont even know what that alone cost per normal cage so 400 maybe unrealistic

It is.

Save your money, buy a decent cage.

:roflmao: at xjguy.
I was laughing at the same thing.
i havent even checked into the price of tubing yet so i dont even know what that alone cost per normal cage so 400 maybe unrealistic
Depending on what you use for tubing, $400 might not even get you enough materials to make that 8 cage. All said and done you'll probably have to at least triple that number if someone is doing the work for you.
you're doing it wrong.
X2. No cash means I don't buy it until I have the cash.

so question does everyone think that 1 1/2" .120 wall tubing is suffecient to build a roll cage? i plan on buying a bender and want to get the dies that i NEED to build my projects.

so question does everyone think that 1 1/2" .120 wall tubing is suffecient to build a roll cage? i plan on buying a bender and want to get the dies that i NEED to build my projects.
That would be sufficient for a very well designed cage. I think the design of a cage is at least as important as what material it is built with, maybe much more important.

Back