• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear axle vent tube

ChevelleSSLS6

NAXJA Forum User
Being original it's hard as a rock and won't come off the bolt that goes into the axletube without destroying it.:explosion

I thought about twisting it counterclockwise and hoping I get the number right when it's tightened to not be twisted at all, but it would be easier to replace it.

So, I was wondering if there is another slip on barb fitting on the 'chassis' where it goes up by the firewall (or is it one long tube and once I cut it I'm on my own for a new routing solution), or if I should run some new hose up through a rust hole in the floor and behind a plastic interior panel, or what?

Any help or suggestions appreciated.:patriot:

Just run new to where ever you want. I know Haleyes ran his into the fuel fill door area. JIM.

Just replace it, it's just a piece of rubber hose. Just get a piece of hose and make it longer and mount it up higher but do not forget to leave enough slack at the bottom for full drop situations.

X3, just replace it. I know some people who have run it as far as the firewall next to the front diff's vent tube, but really you can run it to anywhere that will stay dry.

I ran mine to behind the fuel door. Good piece of mind for water crossings. However, I always have a oil slick around the fuel door now. Adds character!

Just run new to where ever you want. I know Haleyes ran his into the fuel fill door area. JIM.

Back