• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackles or AALs

xjlongo

NAXJA Forum User
Well i made the mistake of buying Rustys offroad 3.5" leaf packs and after having them on my jeep for a few months i am not happy with how quickly they sagged. I did a ton of searching on them and got mixed reviews about them most of them were about the bushings wearing out but for some reason i bought them anyway(I knew i should went with RE :doh:) So now im sitting around 4.25'-4.5" in the rear and i wanted around 5"-5.5" . I already have Tereaflex 1.5" shackles, so do i add an aal to my existing packs to get me back up or should i spend the extra cash and get some clayton offroad 3 way adjustable shackles ?

What ^^ said, they will improve shackle angle as well.

I'm fighting the same issue right now and I keep calling them trying to get something out of them for warranty, but I am not haing any luck so far. I am sitting at 3 in in the rear with them and I am running a 1.5" shackle as well. Both of my front bushings are toast too. I guess I learned my lesson....

Back