• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Gauges!!!

GRNWNV

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all, I have just bought my very first Jeep, and I need some help. I have a 98 Cherokee Sport, with a 5spd and 4.0 L My problem lies with the gauge cluster. Recently the Speedo, and Gas Gauge have stopped working, and the Airbag light has lit up. The dash lights still work, as do all of the warning lights. I have checked the fuses, and could not see any problems there. Any suggestions as to what to check next are appreciated.
Thanks.
John.

mine did this too. all I did was to give it a good smack, and it started working again. I would say the contacts in the back are going bad.

GRNWNV said:
Edit: That fixed half of my problem, the airbag light is still on. Any other suggestions?
Search around on the forum: there is a C101 connector which you might disconnect and retighten. There was a TSB about all that that Chrysler sent out about in 99 or 00.

Back