• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stalling question

Wixxjp

NAXJA Forum User
First off I dont drive a xj. I drive a yj but I just swaped out the ax15 for the aw4 so that is why I come here for your help. My jeep is not a DD. Im not using the tcu at all, Im using the the rail shifter from RADesigns. I just did this swap last week.

The 1st time I took it out it was running fine and shifter was working great. I did run low on fluid and I also believe it may have gotten a little hot. The next day it would stall as soon as I shifted it into gear. It then would have problems firing back up. It would crank but no start. If I let it cool it would start right back up and let me put it into gear. But as soon as it gets warm it just dies comming out of park. I have tried diconecting the wiring from the TC and it still does the same thing. Could I have burnt up the TC or the tranny? Oh it idles fine and will idle for as long as I want it, but putting it into gear kills it. Thanks for any help.

So just as soon as a load hits it stalls.

What is your fuel pressure?

What is the idle speed? Should be 700-750 rpm in DRIVE with both the engine and transmission fully warmed up, about 20 minutes of operation.

Thanks for the reply, but I figured it out. The cps wires melted on the exhaust. Feel like I dummy for not checking that...

Back