• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical help?!?

Harleyhector

NAXJA Forum User
I am having an electrical short in my heater blower circut. The blower switch itself is fine. The blower motor is brand new. when I flip the switch to the low position, the fuse pops. I know that there are blower motor resistors somewhere in the Jeep. They may be the culprit. Also I am working on a 1989 Jeep XJ w/ no options, if that matters. Any one have any input or ideas where I can find these resistors? Are they in a marked vessel? Inside or under the hood? Thanks so much.:wow:

It's inside the cab on the passenger side but I can't remember if it's under the kick panel or if the glove compartment has to be removed. Someone else will chime in.

There is no way the resistors should cause the fuse to blow. Even if they were totally shorted, the motor would simply run at high speed. Normally blowing the fuse is a bad motor pulling too much current. Just because it is new doesn't mean it is good. Disco the connector on the motor and try again. If it doesn't blow, the motor is bad.

Back