• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel injectors????? Computer????? C-4????

MadMrJake

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I have a problem that I really need help with; Fist I want to thank you for your time. I have looked though manuals and other threads before posting this. I want to start by giving you some history about this 1993 4 cylinder Jeep Wrangler . I picked this jeep about 6 months ago, prior to that it has set for about 4 years.
We were not able to drop the tank and drain it when we picked it up but we did change the fuel filter. We changed the battery and add some fuel stabilizer and she turned over right away. We drove it out of the driveway and on to a trailer and away we went. I had to keep it at my buddies house for a few months. In that time we had to move it a few time drove it around the block (after drain the fuel and add new fuel). It started stalling and now it wont run on its own.
If I add fuel to the throttle body I can get it to run so I know I am getting spark, and it sounds good for a 4 cylinder. I have taken off the fuel rail and injectors and cleaned them. I don’t know if taking the injector out and clean them with a brush is the right way, but I have had improvements in the past doing this on my XJ. I have fuel pressure in the rail and can hear the pump working, I have not been able to verify exactly how much psi there is but I know I have pressure. My next thought was signal/power to the injectors. I was able to get a reading on my ohms meter it was about 1700 I believe.
I am kind of at a lost, I suspect it might be the ECM but scratching my head as I can get it to run by adding fuel into the TB. Any thoughts suggestions? I hate the Haynes manual as there trouble shooting sections sucks! Thanks

When my XJ project sat for a long time, the problem ended up being with a short piece of rubber hose that lives inside the gas tank. There is a small piece of hose that connects the pump to the steel line, and mine had hardened and blew apart.

You can check the injectors pulse by taking a 194 bulb and using the wires to test the power to the connector - watch the light for pulse when cranking.

Sounds standard for plugged injectors. Get a can of BG44k and put it in the fuel. Don't waste your time on the cheap crap.

Back