• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Axle Shaft Upgrade Recommendations

mflueras

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, here's my dilema. This past Sunday I broke a second factory front shaft. This time it was the driver's side. The ears on the inner shaft just sheared off. This is the second set of shafts I went through. They were factory Spicer shafts in good shape upgraded with 760 joints. The joints were not harmed but the shafts are obviously not cutting it. My current setup is 4.56 gears, 33x12.5 on 15x10 aluminum wheels with ARB with 27 splines. I need some recommendations on what type of front shaft to run. What brands to get, what to stay away from, who has the best prices and warranty, who is easy to deal with, etc. Any and all comments are welcome, any reviews or helpful comments also welcome.

Here is a link with just "longfield" for a search word.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/search.php?searchid=3445106

You can go with CTM's or RCV axle joints but with Bobby's set-up you get it all in one package. I got the first production run set made, there are some prototypes out there still going as well.

They look good. How did the install go? Lots of grinding? Any regrets?

Any feedback on Just Differentials? I'm thinking of using their setups as well.

Hah just because I feel like being a smartass, im going to pull the infamous pirate quote. Buy a 60!

But in reality, there are a lot of good places, randys ring and pinion and poly performance come to mind, but definetly check to see if there are any NAXJA vendors that carry what you're looking for

If you have the money you won't break longfields. The other thing I would recommend is Ten Factory, great product (used to be alloy USA) and excellent customer service.

They look good. How did the install go? Lots of grinding? Any regrets?

Any feedback on Just Differentials? I'm thinking of using their setups as well.

10 minutes of grinding on the knuckles max. I did 2 sets of knuckles in less than a half hour. Install was super easy.

I got the Ten Factory shafts and they have held up so far for me. I got them from a vendor here (Eric at National Drivetrain) for $475 shipped.

Back