• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dashboard Waterfall?

halijax

NAXJA Forum User
Here's a weird one.

I haven't had my XJ for long. I drove it in the rain this morning and above 60 MPH it sounds like someone has stuck a hose behind the dashboard by the A-pillar and let 'er rip.

I'm assuming it's just the sound of water being kicked up underneath but it's weird how it sounds exactly like running water.

There's no water coming in anywhere. Is this a normal sound?

Last edited:
Not sure I understand. Moved to OEM Tech.

Check your fender liner.

Thanks Joe_P,

That's a really good point. The driver's side front fender has some minor damage to it, and you can see where the inner liner and flare has been removed and replaced when the fender was straightened out. When they replaced them, they didn't do a very good job and they're a bit loose. Maybe I'll spend some time making them more secure.

I read this just for the creative title..........what vehical did you drive prior?
XJ's are a'lil bare-boned in the quiet dept.

I had a TJ previously so I'm used to the sound of water hitting the underside of the vehicle when it's raining. I was just surprised at the distinctive sound of running water. I actually expected to look down and see water pouring on my boots! Anyway, I'm not worried about it but I will take a look at that fender liner to see if I should secure it better. Thanks for the feedback.

Back