• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB some knuckles......

ColoradoRaptor

Headbanging Hillbilly
I am looking for some 99, 00 or 01 grand knuckles! If anyone has any laying around or willing to pull some please let me know! I need them and cannot find any good ones local!!

Josh asked the queston in another thread, just the knuckles???

I never looked in to the conversion, so I don't know what to take off the donor.

IIRC, the WJ knuckles use larger rotors and calipers so I'd imagine in order to swap the knuckles, you're gonna need the full brake set up as well. The only other fittment issue is that the knuckle is formed differently and it requires a 1/4" spacer between the unit bearing and the knuckle surface so that the axle shaft u-joints maintain their pivot point in line with the ball joints.

I still have no idea why the WJ D30 would have been made any different than the previous applications.......... but it is.

Josh asked the queston in another thread, just the knuckles???

I never looked in to the conversion, so I don't know what to take off the donor.

I have everything else! I am just searching for some knuckles so I can finish this super duper fabulus bullit proof dana 30....... :D

IIRC, the WJ knuckles use larger rotors and calipers so I'd imagine in order to swap the knuckles, you're gonna need the full brake set up as well. The only other fittment issue is that the knuckle is formed differently and it requires a 1/4" spacer between the unit bearing and the knuckle surface so that the axle shaft u-joints maintain their pivot point in line with the ball joints.

I still have no idea why the WJ D30 would have been made any different than the previous applications.......... but it is.

You are spot on Troy!! :thumbup:

If you're really nice to me (ahem.......$$$$ :D) I might be able to be talked into going and snatching a pair at Colorado Auto Parts and ship 'em to ya...... I'm fairly certain there'd be a set or two there. :thumbup:

If you're really nice to me (ahem.......$$$$ :D) I might be able to be talked into going and snatching a pair at Colorado Auto Parts and ship 'em to ya...... I'm fairly certain there'd be a set or two there. :thumbup:

PM me a fair price for the knuckles and your time and we can do some business! Oh, and I may be needing some (4 - 5" )BOR flex leaves in the near future!

rhinestone-brass-knuckles.gif

Still lookin, any help here would be much appreciated!!

I thought i had a set found for ya a couple weekends ago but one side was missing the caliper bracket so i didn't grab them for ya.

I thought i had a set found for ya a couple weekends ago but one side was missing the caliper bracket so i didn't grab them for ya.

Dude...... If I had known I would have had you pull them!! I already have the brake bracketry minus the fastners! I am coming up to Denver this weekend for drill. I do not have time to hit the yards/pick and pulls but if someone could for me I would meet up and compensate you for knuckles + your time! P.S. If it was a front end collision, I would be leary of the knuckle condition!

Ira,

I went and snagged that set off the '00 at C.A.P.

PM sent. :thumbup:

That is one funky looking steering bracket........

Can't find any info on it on the BTF website though...... :dunno:

You mean this BTF website?

http://bluetorchfab.com

:spin1:

Well no wonder I couldn't find it........ It's under YJ D30 steering parts.......

I'd like to see pics of that installed. Particularly on a coil sprung D30. I'm wondering if you gotta use some wheels with a very shallow offset for that bracket to fit - seems it could have issues contacting 3"-4" B.S. wheels. Probably comes real close to touching the coil spring too....... :dunno:

Last edited:
Back