• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR light boxes, owner checkin.

whatevah

It's Yellah!
Wonder what the other guys have used for their light choices and paint.

I'm still painting mine (using a probably excessive number of coats), but I've got all of the lights and the electronic relay waiting. I had planned on using the "hybrid" lights from Maxxima, but ended up changing plans since the boxes were smaller than I expected. Instead I picked up a pair of Optronics clear/red LED STT lights from easternmarine.com (actually picked up at their headquarters near me), amber marker/flashers and red markers from ebay. The brake lights are STT so they'll function as blinkers but I'll only be using them as running/stop lights. The amber lights will function as blinkers only although they do have dual brightness. And, the red lights are just markers, those are for the side. Oh, the reds didn't come with wiring pigtails, so I got a set from Eastern Marine as well.

For paint, Rustoleum Self-etching primer, Hammered Black. And Krylon Satin Clear for the clearcoat. Should look pretty good with the clearcoat, I have hammered black on the rock rails and bumper but no clearcoat.

I've got a set of cheapo "driving" lights from walmart that will serve as backup lights mounted under the stock bumper.

i just bough their tail light boxes with the integrated quarter panel guards. let me know what you think of the lights becuase i have to start searching for the right light setup

i want to do a red oval, clear 2.5" round, and a 2" red round

Eventually, if/when I buy these, I'm figuring on just getting them with the light kit they offer as an option. Saves me the time, research and possible trial and error of finding a light setup that fits and works. Haven't decided though if I'll do integrated quarter guards or not though. Probably will, then I'll have a good base to pay someone to copy Cruzin Illusions's tube fenders...:D

Back