• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TOW HOOKS

XJ uniframes aren't strong enough to simply bolt tow hooks on. On the front, you need a couple of reinforcing plates, and there are several manufacturers (Jeep did sell a factory option.) On the rear, use a receiver hitch.

The factory tow hook kit will work well if you can find one. What year is yours? Just remember that 84-96 front tow hook brackets are different than the one on a 97-01. Yes the earlier ones can work on a 97-01, but you need to modify then to fit the newer bumper. I could not find 97-01 ones so I got some Custom 4X4 brackets and added the factory drop tow hooks with a spacer to them. Worked just great and work well.

http://www.custom4x4fabrication.com/recovery.html
The key to front tow hook brackets is that they come with the side support brackets. This will help with the stress if you use them. Some companies do not give you these.

FactoryTowHooksXJ1.jpg

Drop Tow hooks. 97-01

JEEPPIC1.jpg

Rear tow hook can be found now and again. I had one for a bit and then added a factory hitch with one on it.
BeKcJ0gWkKGrHqIOKiwEq4bSsd8jBK8ILyK.jpg

TowHookRear.jpg

Rear tow hook.

Picture071.jpg

I like my C4x4 hooks. Good price and customer service, easy install too if you don't snap a steering box bolt.

Back