• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Synthetic line??

Hey guys what's more common... 3/8 or 5/16" synthetic winch line? And who is interested in a group buy on bulk line sold by the foot?

Depends on the application and vehicle, for the line you will be able to get I would say 3/8ths for the XJ. If you are trying to buy direct from the manufacturer you will not be able to get the good stuff. ;)

-Alex

jiltedjester: Sorry for the hijack.

Anyway..I am going to get some rope in the near future.. working on rebuilding a belleview right now.

For the MP winchrope.. how is it different from Amsteel ? The 3/8" is only rated 400 lbs more, and both ropes are made from DYNEEMA®.

jiltedjester: Sorry for the hijack.

Anyway..I am going to get some rope in the near future.. working on rebuilding a belleview right now.

For the MP winchrope.. how is it different from Amsteel ? The 3/8" is only rated 400 lbs more, and both ropes are made from DYNEEMA®.

The MP is slightly stronger as you mentioned and both are made from genuine SK75 Dyneema fiber. The MP rope is made by a different manufacturer that produces a slightly tighter weave and stiffer fiber. I prefer our MP basic rope to AmSteel Blue because it is a little stiffer.

-Alex

Back