• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone fitted these to there XJ

They are really make using 1 1/4" standard pipe (schedule 40) 1.75" Outside Diameter. Not a bad thing in my opinion. But you will have to weld them to your unibody rails not really a good idea. Better to weld a 1/4 plate with holes to the end of the pipes. and add an other 1/4 plate to the inside of the unibody rails and sandwich it all together. But however you get the inside plates inside of your rails is above my paygrade.

Even better make a half tube about 8" long out of 1/4 plate and weld them all around the area you wish to install the brackes at 4" both ways. Than weld the rocker panels pipes in the middle of the new 1/4 plates. You need more welding surface in the unibody rail than the 1.75" OD will give you. So using 1/4 plate can give you more room to help distribute the weight.

OK, I'll make an attempt to be more useful...

I don't know about the sizes of them, as I haven't put a tape on my sliders recently.

My first reaction is that most of the heavy duty sliders not only attach to the frame rails, but to the pinch seam as well. (look at AJ's, JCR Offroad, etc). You could add an additional piece to do so, but it would require some fab time and abilities. By the time you do that and add some plates for feet on the frame rail arms, it probabaly wouldn't be worth the cost and hassle.

I missed something though. How do you know they are made of pipe and not the 1.75" HREW as stated?

They are really make using 1 1/4" standard pipe (schedule 40) 1.75" Outside Diameter. Not a bad thing in my opinion. But you will have to weld them to your unibody rails not really a good idea. Better to weld a 1/4 plate with holes to the end of the pipes. and add an other 1/4 plate to the inside of the unibody rails and sandwich it all together. But however you get the inside plates inside of your rails is above my paygrade.

I use self tapping screws to mount the foot to the "frame". I use three legs, each leg is mounted at the pinch seam and at the foot.

Back