• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dammit!! need some quick help

rocklandxjer

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, i just found a crack in my rear hard line, right by the little mount that moves it away from the body!! its leaking a drip every second...

is there a way to clamp this so the hole will stop leaking? like some metal with a clamp or something. i need to drive this, and i need brakes...

I would never tell someone to halfass anything on a brake system but I had to use a pair of vise grips onre time to break the line and fold it over and clamp it shut. I didnt have ANY rear brakes and drove very carefully until I got home and pulled the line and replaced all of them. I think one other time I bent one rear wheel line over, and clamped it with washers and a bolt. I tested for leaks before driving buy applying alot of pressure on the pedal and holding it for several seconds to see if it would seep down. I dont think I have ever been stranded

as a rule of thumb dont take short cuts with brakes you hold yours and more importantly someone elses life in your hands.

I would cut the hard line out a few inches if possible and then use a piece of replacemet line and some compession fittings to make a temporary repair

dzraces said:
as a rule of thumb dont take short cuts with brakes you hold yours and more importantly someone elses life in your hands.

I would cut the hard line out a few inches if possible and then use a piece of replacemet line and some compession fittings to make a temporary repair

X2.

It is not only your life....but everyone elses too.

Rev

can they all be bought at like a auto zone?

id rather just fix it once and have it done, i hate half assing stuff, but if it was a full job id just clamp it and not drive that much until i could buy a new set

It sounded like you needed to drive it right now, like something very important. You know like heading over to the girlfriends house.

but its bleeding... and they all run through the booster so i figure once it gets pressure going itll just drain.

im goin to just head to autozone, ive never really dealt with brakes before.. installed the lift, did all sorts of things to her, even extended the hand brake, but i have no idea about hard lines. thanks guys
Travis

Back