• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Modified Par Pin Eliminator Question

BrentNClemson

NAXJA Forum User
Wow, sorry that subject wasn't real descriptive. Anyway, 3 out of 4 of my rear upper shock bolts broke and I'm tryin to figure out what to do. Would like to use the sway bar mounts as BPE's but know the problems associated w/ having the shock eyes at different angles. I think I heard of someone just taking the sway bar mount and bolting it perpendicular to where the old bar pin was. Would this be okay to do?? What would be the best way to hold it there?? I'm thinking either welding it or using heavy duty self-tapping screws (this would be easier since I don't have a welder...but would these stay??). Any info is appreciated....thanks!
-Brent

I recently did my own BPE's in the rear

used my old sway bar brackets and MIG welded them on a 3/16"
plate steel in the "right direction". I Drilled out the old weld
nuts and used new grade 8's to mount to the unibody.

Now I say right direction b/c if you mount the brackets by themselves, using the same holes, they are 90 degrees out to the lower mount. Some have mentioned that this can bind up on you.

don't forget to cut off the old bar pin ends and use them as spacers inside the bushing.

For the front:
I kept the party going and did new 3/16 tabs with 1/2" holes and made plates for the front mounts.

Good luck

Back