• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teaves or Akebono?

Jeepm@n

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so today I was getting prices on my rear disc brake stuff from a 93-98 Grand Cherokee to upgrade my brakes and stop the left tire from locking up. I was asked by the Napa guy if my cores were the Teaves or Akebono calipers. How do I tell which ones I grabbed? I do not remember what year Grand they were from. Which ones are better and why? I searched using Teaves and Akebono and found nothing.

Thanks Rob

Teves are FRONT calipers from a 99-02 WJ and Akebono are FRONTS from a 03-04 WJ.
Pre 99 grand rears are neither.

Akebono is more desireable. Either is a decent upgrade over what you have.

Hmm so I'm gettng getting that he looked up the wrong year Grand and was looking up the front and not the back? I will be taking my cores with today. Strange He's been my parts guy for four years and well over one-thousand dollars of parts in the last year and a half.

I can't believe that all the posts on rear disk brakes haven't listed this for you already, check the one thats going on now... The rear ZJ OEM disk brakes has nothing to do with either name you inquired about, they are both from the FRONT of a WJ jeep. You need a self serve JY not a parts store for this...

Back