• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gutter mounts for roof rack?

rweaver138

NAXJA Forum User
okay so i got a roof rack that did not come with gutter mounts. it just has four tabs that you bolt onto the stock roof racks. i want to put my 33" spare on a steel wheel up there, hi lift, and a shovel. the factory roof racks arent the greatest i want to know if there is a place i can buy gutter mounts or anyway to fab something up? any help is appreciated thanks!

jcr's are awesome, but they look like they will tear the paint up some. Pretty much most of them will, including the surco's I am using for my rack that come with rubber things to keep you from it. I would recommend not going with the surco's for a homemade rack not because they won't work, but they are pretty thin and I know I wish mine were a little beefier. They will work however if you like them. Here's a pic of my homemade rack with mounts for a tire hi lift shovel and axe for some ideas and to whore it out a little more :)
DSCN0268.jpg

DSCN0284.jpg

DSCN0269.jpg

from another post I did way back in the day

The Thule rain gutter mount I am using is number 300 and I am using 50" load bars. The bars fit just right with virtually no overhang. I had the bars from my bike mount from a 93 honda civic I had. I got the feet(gutter mounts) off of ebay for like 30-40 shipped. The 300 mount puts the bar 5" from the gutter where it is mounted. You can find the bars on ebay for cheap aswell, or bite the bullet and get the bars and mounts new from a bike shop or another Thule dealer.

I posted a pic in this thread
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=931588&highlight=thule&page=6

look at post #88 on page 6 and post #113 on page 8

Back