• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you run Clayton's long arms? Post your measurements!

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
I received my long arm upgrade kit from Clayton's today and have been looking over the directions for install, I have a quick question. I was hoping someone with a similar set-up to mine can give me measurements (center of bolts to center of bolt) on the lower and upper arms on both sides of their Clayton's.

I'm running RE 4.5 coils with RE 1.75" spacers, my guess is after sag I'll be sitting around 5-5.5".

Anyone with Clayton's which are adjusted properly feel free to post your Clayton's arm lengths. I figure in the future people can use this thread to compare their measurements and their set-ups, just remember POST WHAT YOUR RIGS LIFT IS! (Obviously, the lift makes a difference with the measurements)

~Scott

Would love to but for the following issues...
Live in Mo but am currently in Nv.
I have JK Rubi axles, so I do not know how accurate that would be for a XJ axle???
I spent a full day dialing mine in with a caster/camber gauge though, so if it could be of use let me know.
6.5" Rusty's coils, no spacers.

Martin

You're welcome to stop by the house and measure anything on the rig that you like Scott. IIRC, the main (lower) link eye to eye was 35.75", don't remember what I adjusted the uppers to, whatever puts the front diff cover mounting face at 87.5 degrees.

Doug

You're welcome to stop by the house and measure anything on the rig that you like Scott. IIRC, the main (lower) link eye to eye was 35.75", don't remember what I adjusted the uppers to, whatever puts the front diff cover mounting face at 87.5 degrees.

Doug

I may just do that after I get everything on. Thanks Doug!

~Scott

P.S. Interested in welding the mounts for me? I can pitch ya some $$$ for your trouble/wire. Or know anyone in the area who might be able to? :thumbup:

I run the Clayton set-up, I know my lowers are at 36", but not sure about the uppers. I set my caster at 5 degrees per Clayton's recommendation with a digital angle finder, and it handles great. wherever that length is where it is. Im sure it may vary a half a turn or two for some folks, but I found the setup instructions from Clayton to be pretty darn close until I could get it on the lift so I could align it.

Running Clayton's 6.5 inch coils, Clayton's Adj. trackbar etc. etc.

My lowers are set at 36", and my uppers are set at whatever they needed to be for the proper caster as well.

With that said, I probably could go a hair longer witht the lowers, as i rub more on the inner wheel well more toward the rear, with no rubbing on the front. (I have long since ditched the plastic cladding under there, BTW)
This is not enought to make be readjust the whole set up though.

(Clayton's 4.5" kit, which are 5.5" coils, and adjustable trackbar, etc.)

Back