• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What year xj's came with vacuum disconnect 30's

go1lum

NAXJA Forum User
I searched but cannot find a direct answer. Trying to help someone find out what years came with vacuum disconnect. Thanks.

sorry, 89 was when they changed the hub design, the CAD was still used until 91/92.

ive heard that chrysler used the leftover parts from amc/jeep and when they ran out, chryler restocked with their own spec'ed out parts. not sure if that is true though.

I had one in a 1991. They were used in YJs the whole production run = through 1995. . .

The year of the XJ alone doesn't mean it's a vacuum disconnect. Regarless of year, an XJ optioned with a full-time (NP242) transfer case had a non-disconnect dana 30. I've got a 1987 with a non-vac D30. . .

The "left over parts" comment doesn't even make sense. . . You really gotta look at the axle to know for sure. . .

XJ officially had them 1990 and before, unless you bought with an NP242 transfer case then it had a non-disconnect axle. They used leftover disconnects in early 1991 production but those were transition vehicles, most 1991 XJs did not have them.

I had one in a 1991. They were used in YJs the whole production run = through 1995. . .

The year of the XJ alone doesn't mean it's a vacuum disconnect. Regarless of year, an XJ optioned with a full-time (NP242) transfer case had a non-disconnect dana 30. I've got a 1987 with a non-vac D30. . .

The "left over parts" comment doesn't even make sense. . . You really gotta look at the axle to know for sure. . .

X2 I've got a 91 with non-vac disco and (NP231)

XJ officially had them 1990 and before, unless you bought with an NP242 transfer case then it had a non-disconnect axle. They used leftover disconnects in early 1991 production but those were transition vehicles, most 1991 XJs did not have them.

made sense to ehall

92+ NO D30 CAD.

91 and earlier on "Command Trac" (NP 207/231) vehicles.

Back