• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98+ parts on a 93

dodgethis12

NAXJA Forum User
So the local PNP has quite a few newer Xj's out for the buzzards to pick.

I really like the more modern look of the later XJ's to my 93 which is a base model with black grill and fender flares.

What all is involved with getting the newer front end put on an older XJ? Also what about the rear hatch and tail lights.

I searched but couldnt find any info on this.... not what I was looking for anyways...

I need your JY XJ swappage wisdom!

Front clips needs both front fenders and the whole front grill piece, rear hatch is impossible without extensive modification of the mounting system as the 96- mounts outside and 97+ mounts inside the hatch, tail lights I think might fit but not 100% on that.

So the local PNP has quite a few newer Xj's out for the buzzards to pick.

I really like the more modern look of the later XJ's to my 93 which is a base model with black grill and fender flares.

What all is involved with getting the newer front end put on an older XJ? Also what about the rear hatch and tail lights.

I searched but couldnt find any info on this.... not what I was looking for anyways...

I need your JY XJ swappage wisdom!

Front clips needs both front fenders and the whole front grill piece, rear hatch is impossible without extensive modification of the mounting system as the 96- mounts outside and 97+ mounts inside the hatch, tail lights I think might fit but not 100% on that.
The rear hatch of the 97+ is also steel vs fiberglass, so it weighs a LOT more. Not worth it with al lthe time/effort to swap and fab stuff for it.

As for the front, It is really simple, header panel/grille/lights, newer fenders would be best (they bolt right up and around rounded in the front where the header meets them), or you can modify your current ones if you like. Right now I just have the newer header panel, the body lines line up except for the angled front of the fenders and the rounded header panel. The way it is now, it only uses the top 4 nuts over the rad support to hold on, it stays fine tho. You will either need to run no flares, newer flares, bushwhackers or TJ rear flares. You can also install the newer door handles on the doors. I'll try and find a link to a site but if you google search you can find pics. But there is a guy who has a page that shows kinda what he did with his and his came out really clean looking.

^^ I'm glad someone found it. I did also forget to mention that the newer mirrors will bolt right in. Altho I dont have them.

Johnnie Walker.... do you have pics of how the new grill looks with the old fenders? Im curious to see how bad the fit is.

Good info on the rear hatch... guess thats a no go.

Thanks

Back