• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31's on stock suspension

Before I got my 31's, I tried searching to see if this was possible with stock wheels, and could never really find a definite answer, so I thought I would post for others to see, that yes, it is fully possible. The only time I rub is within about an inch of full lock steering and once when I hit a "speed hump" at 50, but that was driver error not the vehicle.

I needed tires and plan to lift by christmas, so why get stock tires??

31x10.5x15
31s.jpg

there are pics on here somewhere of 35s on no lift. anything can be done, is it the best idea? no. but it is possible.

HPIM0139.jpg

31's, stock wheels, stock suspension, no cutting.

I ran it that way for 2 months. It would rub when the wheel was turned to full lock, and when I went camping with the back end loaded down I'd rub when I hit a bump in the road.

Since the Jeep wasn't a DD it was no problem for me.

Yes, I did cut the fenders which I forgot to mention. It rides like a dream. I never thought tires could improve the ride so much. By the way.. BFG all terrain K/O's are the absolute worst tires on the market imho. They are excellent for burnout's however as the tread lasts forever and they have the grip of a goodyear with painted tread.

I can see the cut fenders in the pic. And I dislike BFG's as well especially the A/T's
IMO.. for the money, Brdigestone Dueler A/T's (REVOs or 695's) are the best overall A/T tire, second coming in with the Dayton Timberline A/T.

I daytons also esp. thier MT's. Can't really be them for the price. I currently run Firestone Destination MT's and they seem to do great. I showed up to a mud bog a couple months ago and I had the smallest tire at 33". Pretty much everyone else was running 40s and 44" tires. I wheeled the same mud as them. :) Only got stuck once.

Yes, I did cut the fenders which I forgot to mention. It rides like a dream. I never thought tires could improve the ride so much. By the way.. BFG all terrain K/O's are the absolute worst tires on the market imho. They are excellent for burnout's however as the tread lasts forever and they have the grip of a goodyear with painted tread.

Thank you for your opinion.

You will have different results on a late model 97+ Cherokee.

I ran 31's on my stock 88 for over a year and it only scrubbed at full clock of the steering, no fender trimming done.

did you ever disconnect the swaybar when wheeling? i dont see how a 31" tire on a stock suspension didnt rub when stuffed in the wheel well, unless you bump stopped for no uptravel.

I daytons also esp. thier MT's. Can't really be them for the price. I currently run Firestone Destination MT's and they seem to do great. I showed up to a mud bog a couple months ago and I had the smallest tire at 33". Pretty much everyone else was running 40s and 44" tires. I wheeled the same mud as them. :) Only got stuck once.

yeah i got the Firestone Destination M/T 31's. Pricie, but the tread looks sick.

Back