• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford radius arms

falcon1235

NAXJA Forum User
:wierd: OK just an idea at the moment but..... has any one used/considers ford radius arms..... from say a early 70's for... i plan on picking up a 4-dd out of a ford and narrowing it but suspension set up is kinda up in the air still.. I'm not sure of the detentions on them but from my memory they are pretty long. maybe even fabing some new arms the useing the ford diamond attachment points. just wondering what u guys think. or if I'm better off using a 4 link long arm type suspension and just getting buckets and arm brackets from R.E.:wierd:

lots of information on this, search a bit.

The arms end up being mid length arms, and if you replace the bushings with poly bushings it won't flex worth a damn. This I know cuz the interweb told me so!

mine......
n71100097_30106794_1197.jpg

If you do find a Ford axle at a good price with the casting, you could run a setup from Cage Offroad.
F2F1_200.jpg

These mount right to the castings and would seem to work pretty simply. Should just need a cross member.

There have been many people that have run similar setups using the stock Ford arms with rubber bushings as opposed to heims/joints, myself included. The system is pretty darn stable and doesn't flex too bad. A longer arm and heim would have been nice.

Here is a sample of my rig with the stock Ford setup. It worked well while I had it. My new rig is going to take a different route.
xjrock3.jpg

-Kevin

the RE 5.5 long are is basily a moded radius arm set up so i think i am going to give it a run and see what i can come up with. if it end up working like poo i can alya convert to a re 5.5 LA type set up. just seem like the ford style would have alot les components to break..:roll:

Back