• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj wheels

lozinge

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all. I have just come across this site and hope you can help as there isnt much support for jeeps in the uk.
I am fitting 33x12.50.15 tires on my 1995 4.0 cherokee. It has a 4.5" lift.
I want to know what wheel backspacing i should need to clear the rear springs and how wide the rims should be in order to mantain sensable steering lock.

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks

Loz

15x8 or 15x10 will fit the tires, for backspacing I'd recommend 2.75 or 3" which will help them move out from the factory 4-4.5" backspacing.

Uhmm,factory BS is 5.25".That being said you shouldnt run less that about 3.75"!

I would use 33x10.5 or 33x9.5 tires instead.

Sticking your tires out like a redneck or low rider seems like a bad idea in the UK with the narrow streets

So would a 15x8 with 33x12.50 running a 3.75 backspacing stick out the standard flares, if so how much by?

I have 235/75/15's and 4.75 inch backspacing on my 97 and my tires are even with the flares. so I would say they'd stick out a good 2 inches. Sorry, roughly 5cm since you're on the other side of the pond.

Back