• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring 97+ Mirrors

DansGreyMj

NAXJA Forum User
I have already search and cannot find an answer to my issue, but i did find schematics on google.

I am swapping 97 plus doors on my mj, the doors are manual everything with power mirrors. I have the harness from both doors and nothing in between, I am using 12pin Radioshack connectors. The problem i am having is that i cannot get the passenger side to work, the driver side was easy but when i run a jumper to the corresponding color on the pass there is nothing, and yes i have hooked up the ground. Has anyone had this problem before? Or could i just have a "dead" mirror?

I foresee alot more problems than just wiring up the mirrors. For instance what are you planning on doing since the 97+ door style for hinge mounting and striker bolts are different than what your MJ has? Are you planning on doing all that work for just the door panels which could be adapted to work with original doors alot easier. Other than that from what I've seen on the fsm it shows the drivers side has a dark brown/white, yellow, white/black, and orange yellow wires going to it. The passenger side has dark brown, yellow/black, orange/yellow, white/black going to it. I'd say if you've got all those hooked up correctly to the switch and to the mirror that it's probably a bad mirror motor.

I'm swapping the entire doors over, i've already got all the parts for it and as far as the wires go, the colors for each direction are the same on each side.

I have and still nothing, that is why I posted this to see if there was a specific way to do it or if i just simply had a dead mirror.

I'd bet on it being a dead mirror motor or an open connection somewhere in the wiring harness on the mirror. Luckily they're pretty cheap at the junkyard - and if you have heated ones and can only find non heated power mirrors at the junkyard I can walk you through swapping part of the wiring harness on the mirror + the heated glass over. It'll take about 15-20min, not too hard.

they are non heated, which doesnt bother me, I have a local Jy that is nothing but CFC so they should have a few that are working.

Please document this with some photos. I'll be doing the same on my 92 XJ.

Back