• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quadratec HD packs and lift

MahnkenVille

NAXJA Forum User
I have Quadratec HD leaf springs waiting to go in. I've read that they end up giving people 0-2" of lift. What should I expect for lift by installing these?

these are the springs: http://www.quadratec.com/products/56010_11.htm

Also, I'm thinking of bastard-packing these packs to get to 3" in the rear. How many stock XJ leaves should I add to the pack, and which leaf?

also if anyone has a picture of their XJ with quadratec HD packs...feel free to post it

Thanks,
Greg

Measure what you have now, maybe remove your leafs and measure the arch. And measure the arch of the new leafs.

The "QuadraTec HD leaves" are just Crown replacement Up Country springs. Mine netted 1" above stock. Here's my junk on 235/75/15s with "HD" leaves and coils.
DSCF5165.jpg

Last edited:
Good taste in wheels/tires! I have the same ones, but my wheels arent painted yet

like white said if your going to buy all new leaf packs you might as well by ones that should net the amount of lift your looking for instead of adding old leaves to new packs.

I didn't buy them new, I bought them from another guy in our club for cheap. They haven't been used much, but they have been used. I scuffed them down and repainted em, so they're in good shape again. My stock packs on the XJ are in good shape still, and I was just gonna install the quadratec coils and either a longer shackle, or shackle relocation. Tonight I helped a guy bastard pack his, and got the idea that I can just get all my lift out of my pack instead of having to deal with shackles.

I just installed a set of the HD Crown springs and got over 2 inches, but that was because the stock springs were completely shot. I would say they definitely will give you an inch or so over a "normal" set. I also installed new front stock coils at the same time, and rear is a good 2 inches higher than the back. I was doing a suspension overhaul, but with OEM style stuff because its my DD. Now I need a spacer for the front...

What are those, 3" blocks? Looks like pretty thin leaf packs as well, not a very good combo if you do much hillclimbing or rocks. Very high likelihood of bending/breaking those leaf packs, spitting out the blocks, and making for a long, tough day of trail repairs.

2" blocks, and i never had any issues, I sold that setup in favor of a 3" lift pack, but my friend with the setup doesn't have any issues at all.

I attached my qtec hd leaf packs to my stock main and got 2 inches above stock. I am very happy with this mod...no more sag when the jeep is loaded with gear and yet not at all harsh riding. One benefit of doing it as I did is that you do not have to fight the shackle bolts.

I think you would have to leave at least a couple additonal stock leaves to get much additional lift though, probably at the expense of flexibility.

I bastardized a worn stock set of springs and a brand new qtec HD pack and came up with this. roughly 4" of utter stiffness.
this is trimmed with 32's
15gzg9h.jpg

Back