• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blinker problem

jrfabrication

NAXJA Forum User
i searched and couldnt find anything towards my situation(sp?) i have a 97 cheroke sport 5spd driver side blinker doesnt work no clicking anything.. passanger does......when i put the hazards on the lights blink. i cheked the fuses and all the connectors on the front nose clip and nothing is seem to work if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appriciated.

IIRC the common ground for a bunch of that stuff is drivers rear quarter panel behind the facia where the spare tire mounts.

The multi-function turn signal switch was a very common item to go bad on the '97+ vehicles. I had to replace it on my first '99, and my other '99 has a malfunctioning switch right now. I would look into your switch.

Usually its the other way around though. The blinkers usually work, and the hazards usually don't come on unless you wiggle the switch. Mine actually would turn the hazards on when I blinked left.

mine works most of the time, its in the switch, if it doesnt work i can work the switch off and on, and it will start working, you might try this to make sure thats what it is....i now thats not a very technical way to test it, but it might help you diagnose the problem. also, try it with the steering wheel in different positions:looney:

I was having problems with a buzzing noise when I would try and use my left blinker. The noise you get when the jeep thinks you have a burnt bulb. Turned out the contacts inside my blinker switch were just dirty. I took my steering apart and grabbed the switch and took it apart and cleaned up the copper contacts. Fixed the problem right up. It's just a huge pain to get it all back together until you figure out the trick to it.

Back