• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a quick answer-fuel filters

HuntMarsh

NAXJA Forum User
posted this over in modified tech too, but i need a quick answer, i'm sittin in the parking lot of walmart and nobody in there has answers for me so i'll copy/paste here

so my engine was running well, except a small stutter. i switched out the stock fuel filter for one of those 3 dollar ones at walmart, the small clear FRAM ones. now, car has a real hard time getting up to 40mph. could that tiny fuel filter be getting enough gas to the engine, or would that be the problem?

thanks again, guys, i appreciate any help you have

the stock filter is prety large so I would think the small lawnmower filters wouldn't have adequate flow rates

I don't know what was causing you earlier problem, but yes, you have put a restriction in the line and need to put the correct filter in.

I'd be worried about blowing it up. Most of those see thru are for systems that use mechanical pumps, and run 6-8 psi (check the packaging and see what it's rated for). We're in the 40psi range.

Back