• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IronMan 4x4

Khary23

NAXJA Forum User
I just got my Ironman control arms and track bar today and thought I'd post up some pics. The parts are very well made, and heavy duty. I'll post more after the install.

Lower Control Arm

PB050225.jpg

Track Bar

PB050226.jpg

Last edited:
WTF is that adapter??????????? Thats a joke and extremely dangerous!
Also poly sucks.Send it back now!

x2 If Poly sucks then why do most of the companies use it?

Yeah,all the cheap ass manufacturers do,none of the reputable companies do,they usually use some combination of OEM rubber and a flex joint.
BTW:I was refering to the control arms!

Sorry to rain down on uses guys pitty party ,but I drove to his shop -local too me- and had him make me a track bar .He took some measurements and called me back 2 days latter to pick it up.Well all I can say that it WAS A BOLT IN NO ADJUSTMENT MADE!!!!! Yes it looks like that same one and IS adjustable-but mine has a track bar bracket that TNT uses.IT is solid stock-why do you people keep trashin stuff?Oh by the way NO bumpsteer............:kissyou:
Go a head and use it fudge what others say- even though they have 'nt used one or seen one in person.:bs:
Plus do you notice the offset at the axle end? It's for clearence-do others do that?????????

Last edited:
my concern is the bracket used to make the trackbar mount in double shear.

the issue i see is that the double shear bracket is mounted in single shear, just like some trackbars.

TB bolt should be about 9/16, when I did my Clayton lift had to drill out the factory hole which I believe was tapered.

Interesting design. Although I think that one will put too much pressure on that single shear bolt, since the leverage point is farther down than other designs.

I recently broke the bolt on my Currie/JKS trackbar. Although I have a V8, an auto, and had broken a front shaft and was getting out of a boulder field. Easy fix for that one, since a CA bolt worked, but better get a spare bracket for this one.

the issue i see is that the double shear bracket is mounted in single shear, just like some trackbars.

Yes but this bar will flex with the suspension unlike the ones with TRE's and bolts in the opposit plane that will be broken bc they can only flex so far. As far as the size of the bolt it is bigger and stronger then the factory TRE that threads into the same hole.

Yes but this bar will flex with the suspension unlike the ones with TRE's and bolts in the opposit plane that will be broken bc they can only flex so far. As far as the size of the bolt it is bigger and stronger then the factory TRE that threads into the same hole.

as i said, it was just a concern. just needed an explaination.

I have to disagree, that adapter has a fairly large stud that I'm guessing is at least grade 8. And the only issue with poly is the possibility of increased vibration, not exactly a show stopper for an off road rig.

The biggest problem with trackbars being mounted in single shear is the stress put on the tie rod end on the bar. It's the tie rod end that is the issue. Since this has no tie rod end I see no issue.

The biggest problem with trackbars being mounted in single shear is the stress put on the tie rod end on the bar. It's the tie rod end that is the issue. Since this has no tie rod end I see no issue.

Except when you break the mounting bolt, because it's in single shear...

Like I said before, I broke the bolt on my Currie/JKS trackbar a couple weeks ago, and it's the same size and grade 8. It lasted 5 years, but still broke.

Maybe before you open your mouth you should look around on here about the guy behind Ironman 4x4. Look at some of his work, read some reviews - you'll see he produces top notch stuff and stands behind his work.

BTW, BDS suspension is just one very reputable company that uses poly.

The adapter is stronger than a stock (or any other) single shear trackbar.

You have 7000+ posts, and all of them sound exactly the same...:rolleyes:

Back