• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To those who have found RUST/ROT....

THEPATRIOT

NAXJA Forum User
and have been shocked!I'm curious,how often do you guys look under your XJ???I spend more time under my veh.'s than on the top.I've read alot of threads where poeple had their seat start moving,heard wind ect...And i've seen many where they find HUGE holes after they buy it!!!

Mine has about 4 CD sized holes in the floor. I just bought it. I was not surprised though, its a 20 year old jeep with 204,000 miles IN MICHIGAN of course its gonna have rust...

I just bought mine too... She decided to go through a weight reduction process and shed the floor underneath the back seat. I was slightly suprised but I kind of expected it at the same time. That tar mat can be decieving

it happens, when i got my 92, i knew it had a small rust hole in front passenger pan. but the other day i ripped the rear cargo area carpet out and HOLY shyte. i can tell the last owner put his boat in and out of salt water. but just gives me another project for spring. and with it being in florida, hawaii and then maryland i figured it had some kinda of cancer in it.

:roll:

it happens, when i got my 92, i knew it had a small rust hole in front passenger pan. but the other day i ripped the rear cargo area carpet out and HOLY shyte. i can tell the last owner put his boat in and out of salt water. but just gives me another project for spring. and with it being in florida, hawaii and then maryland i figured it had some kinda of cancer in it.

:roll:
WOW! She got around!!! :spin1:

I was lazy and a idiot when I bought my XJ. PO told me there was only one rust spot and that he had that area fixed. Foot and half of snow on the ground I took his word for it. Almost no floor on mine. I swear my carpet is screwed to the body and its the only thing keeping me from falling out.

I was lazy and a idiot when I bought my XJ. PO told me there was only one rust spot and that he had that area fixed. Foot and half of snow on the ground I took his word for it. Almost no floor on mine. I swear my carpet is screwed to the body and its the only thing keeping me from falling out.

the body on mine looks good yet; the floors especially behind the rear seats... um... notsomuch!:hang:

I had a lot of rust in mine, had to replace most of it

Sep13_002.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

0721092057.jpg

I peeled most of it out and spot welded back to the "frame" and also stitch welded some on the bottom.

if you buy one from the south you won't have that issue. Mines a '92 and still has factory undercoat on the damn brake lines :)

I am in the process of replacing most of the floor on mine. Everytime someone posts a picture with the carpets pull back I cringe, the holes are always in the same places as mine. Got it cheap and knew about the rust, but would still like to hurt the PO for not getting it oil sprayed at least once! I wouldn't go through this for any other vehicle, but somehow, just because it says "JEEP" on the hood, doing all this work just seems to make sense! (To me anyway, wife still questions my sanity) :)

Back