• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Switching to power doors.

GordoSmasho

Nevada Raisins
NAXJA Member
I have a 97 SE four door and all i have is power mirrors. I'm picking up four full power doors this weekend and I'm wondering if anyone has an Idea if there is anything else i could pick from the donor to make this switchover easier. Or is this even possible.

there is a TON of wiring involved. if you could steal all the wires that go across to each door but itd take a day to do. i think the switches are on relays to reverse the motor polarity. all power to every window and lock is routed thru the drivers switch. if you really want it that bad id look for a retrofit kit on the internet. itd be more expensive but save a lot of time and headache

fava - pick up the full wiring harnesses for the doors as far as the connectors behind the kick panels below the A pillars. The body wiring harness is the same with or without power doors afaik, but the door wiring harnesses are different with variations for power locks, windows, and mirrors, and combinations thereof.

Back