• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lighting issues

Landolakes

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have a 96 xj, 4.0 auto. I noticed that the reverse lights dont come on so I figured NSS after some research. Getting ready to remove this weekend and now all things go crazy. I am on the way home and my passenger side headlight dims conciderably, then my tail lights and directionals both inside and out stop working. So I back into the driveway and now my back up lights turn on but wont shut off when I turn the car off. Unplugged the negative to the battery(new 2 days ago) so that they shut off. What is going on this is my daily driver and I need her on the road. Did notice negative connection to the battery was loose bolt broke off.

Weird.

Fix the battery cables (and test them for resistance), renew your grounds, check static battery voltage with a voltmeter between the terminals and also check the voltage between the terminals with the engine running.

Post back.

Back