• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ignition swith help

sotrhRaven

NAXJA Forum User
I got the old ignition switch out. I dropped the column and everything. Now I can't get it back together. The rod does not seem to be in the right position, pointing up. Any help would be appreciated. Pics would be very helpful.

1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4 litre

Ben:confused1

luckily i just did this! you should post some pics of what you are having problems with though, as im not sure how the rod couldn't point up to go into the switch. Are you putting the top of the column back on right?

try sticking something into the switch and change the position of the hole on the switch itself so it matches the position of the rod.

Went through the same thing. The switch sort of lies down -- not the intuitive position. Look carefully at the switch and you will see how the holes work to make the contact wafer move.

Thanks for all the help. I just had the switch positioned wrong. I got the switch in and now have no problems with the key. I can remove it and it cycles through each position easily.

Ben
:wierd:

When I turn the key to start the engine nothing happens, except. The engine temp gauge responds in accordance with turning of the key. I forwarn you my brother in law had wired this as a push button start. I would like to restore it back to normal. I added a kill switch if that has any bearing.

Ben

Back