• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reverse lights question Non-NSS related

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
OK so, I got my reverse lights going again and I have JCR tail light boxes sitting in my room with LED lights on the way. Before I mount them though I am trying to get ideas about mounting reverse lights.. I want to flush mount them on the bumper but I am wonder if I should A.) mount a single 6 inch in the middle or B.) mount a 2.5 inch on either side just a couple inches from the bumper caps. I don't want to mount to the bottom of the bumper because I'll probably rip them off(small jeepitis :D)

Any suggestions?

I'd go with a 2.5 at either side personally, helps kill the shadows a bit more than a single light will.

I'd go with a 2.5 at either side personally, helps kill the shadows a bit more than a single light will.

Thats what I was thinking. Have you seen the one on the MINI right in the center. I kinda like it that was my inspiration.

I was not aware they made tail light boxes. Now I have another $200 to spend (will be getting lights included kit)! I hate you!! :D

I'm gonna use a pair of cheap ricer "driving" lights I got from Walmart a while back. Really tiny things, smaller than the stock fog lights, I was going to set them up as rock lights but never got around to it. Plus, the only night wheeling I do is mud. I'll mount them under the bumper for the time being. I don't care if they get ripped off, they were only $18. When I finally get a tire swing bumper, I'll mount better lights to that. I've got a pair of KC 2x6" flood lights intended for that (same ones that come in their backup kit).

For serious rear light, I've got a Delta light bar with 3 55W lights in it. That's going on the roof rack sometime this winter. Just need to finish my relay box.

I was not aware they made tail light boxes. Now I have another $200 to spend (will be getting lights included kit)! I hate you!!

:D

Where have you been? They are BEEFY too. :D

Back