• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

homemade quick discos

Texas Twitch

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. NOW, before I get flamed, i did a search and didn't find jack. I remember seeing somewhere about homemade quick discos using clevis pins from Home Depot. Anyone care to elaborate on how to do this? Thanks in advance.

I searched "homemade quick disconnects" and got some good threads.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will find links.

my cheap disco's consist of the stock end link extended and then instead of a bolt at the bottom i just use a a pin like below instead of the bottom bolt. only problem with mine is getting the endlinks and sway bar out of the way...
hitch%20pin.jpg

Very easy to do just did mine not to long agoand one little tip use neverseizeon the tops will save you some time when trying to take them off and like Joe said they are every where

Check ehall's thread in the picture showcase, he came up with a pretty good way to keep the discos and sway bar arms out of the way when disconnected

wow, so apparently im a moron. I searched on CF i know for a fact. I guess i got distracted at work and thought i searched here too. Thanks for the heads up guys, found some good info.

Glad your on the track.

Good luck.

My swaybar is "bungied" for now. My stock sway bar links I guess are not long enough. my one side sits fine but my drive side rubs against my coil.

i ran those when mine was stock. i had wing nuts on the top (metric thread but i dont remember what one) so i could pull the whole link off. then just bungeed the sway bar up

I just pulled both sways off my rig and never looked back. and yes, it's a dd, with 6.5" lift.

my cheap disco's consist of the stock end link extended and then instead of a bolt at the bottom i just use a a pin like below instead of the bottom bolt. only problem with mine is getting the endlinks and sway bar out of the way...
hitch%20pin.jpg

You might as well not run a sway bar at all with this set-up,the bottom pin needs to be bolted to the bracket to work effectively.Something like JKS uses,look at the pic in the link!
http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=QRDISC&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Swaybar_Disconnects

You might as well not run a sway bar at all with this set-up,the bottom pin needs to be bolted to the bracket to work effectively.Something like JKS uses,look at the pic in the link!
http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/m..._Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Swaybar_Disconnects

Not sure why you say that. I use a similar setup and using a link like that works just fine. I can certainly tell when the sway bar is off vs connected. It feels like stock when connected and works fine.

Back