• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weber K551 upgrade on 4.2L YJ

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Well, we did the upgrade and it idles w/o stalling anymore when going into D or R while stopped, taking it out for a test drive in a few minutes. I also did the 'nutter bypass'. This puts the onboard computer to sleep, two wires from the dist to the ecu, idle problem gone, now to figure out what to do with all the vac hoses and neaten that up. Replaced the filter in the bottom of the charcoal cannister, parts store actually had them in stock :eek:
Need to order a CTO to replace the one thats in there, hooked it up and there was no change of any kind so my feeling is that it is shot and due to the weber only have one ported vacumn point vs the CTO which has 5 I figure I can eliminate 6 T fittings on the vac system. Replaced the grommet for the PCV and that made a big difference, no more air leaks.
After all the vac rearranging we still need to see if the front diff will engage.
Geeze, what an assortment of vac fittings, adapters, hoses and other stuff I now have. While we were doing all this I noticed that the vac blimp was not even connected, no hoses for it anywhere. Anybody know if they get manifold vacumn or ported vacumn ???

Back