• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suggestions? Rusty cut n fold rear

hupo224

NAXJA Forum User
I have some pics. I plan in the future to sand down the lip, rustoleom then either rubber trim or bed liner. But I'm worried about the rusting "pieces" that I "folded" back. I don't know what to do about it. I have a hole in the front of my rear quarters. When I made the cuts in the rear a ton of water came out of the rear quarter panel. (I just recently fixed my mystery water leak in the passenger side.

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

dscf4138.jpg

dscf4139f.jpg

dscf4140.jpg

dscf4141.jpg

dscf4142.jpg

dscf4143x.jpg

If you're really worried about the rust on the back, get a heat gun and "unfold" them so to speak. Grind down any rust that has formed on the back. Spray it with some epoxy primer and single stage (or rustoleum ::rollseyes:: ). Fold the lip back like it is now. Spray some more epoxy, and finally topcoat with some bedliner or other urethane based product.

Yeah I never worked with it before. I figure I was gonna "bent back" the folded pieces. Brush them and the rear lip down to bare metal and I guess use a paint brush with por15 on it. Then black rustoleom. Then I should be set from there. Either fenders or rubber trim in the future.

Yeah I never worked with it before. I figure I was gonna "bent back" the folded pieces. Brush them and the rear lip down to bare metal and I guess use a paint brush with por15 on it. Then black rustoleom. Then I should be set from there. Either fenders or rubber trim in the future.

X2 on the POR 15!!!

Back