• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no blinkers/compressor 1999 XJ

n2xjn

NAXJA Forum User
i flooded my xj out in water, besides sucking water in the engine (fixed) but now my turn signals and air conditioner compressor don't work. i've checked all the fuses (that i know of anyway). where to go from here?? FYI : water was up to the bottom of my seat drivers side only.

4.0L speed XJ sport -5 speed.

come on guys i'm really stumped...NEED HELP!!

Go old school. Start at each of the components that doesn't work, remove the connectors, clean, add some dielectric grease and reconnect them. Keep following the harness until you find the open circuit.

Clearly, the AC compressor in your model year doubles as a blinker fluid pump. Purge the system and refill the blinker fluid reservoir.

(I actually agree with Joe here, I'd suggest using compressed air to blow out the connectors as well as electrical contact cleaner before the dielectric grease so you know there isn't water lurking in them somewhere.)

check your blinker fluid like kastein said. in all seriousness though, did you check to see if the bulbs are blown? headlights and backup lights still good?

Clearly, the AC compressor in your model year doubles as a blinker fluid pump. Purge the system and refill the blinker fluid reservoir.

(I actually agree with Joe here, I'd suggest using compressed air to blow out the connectors as well as electrical contact cleaner before the dielectric grease so you know there isn't water lurking in them somewhere.)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL blinker fluid. X2 on the grease and the compressed air.

It would be smart to do the compressed air/grease treatment to every electrical connector you can get to in the engine compartment and the under-dash area. Oh, and change the blinker fluid as it has obviously become contaminated.

very funny folks, but i changed my blinker fluid twice, i even put in some ultra extreme high performance fluid...ha

on a serious note, headlights backup lights and hazard lights work fine. switch is good, the all the relays work, must be an open circuit, i'l just really didn't want to run through all the connections. uuhg!

Shred, which fuse are you talking about? ("spindle housing gromet")

Back