• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do you rebuild Bilstein 5150's?

paulhead

I overtighten $#!t
NAXJA Member
I can feel one side of my front end spongey and bottoming out more than the other. Is it something I can do or do I have to send them somewhere?

You can't rebuild them.
Thats why you spend the extra bucks for bilstein 7100's, fox 2.0's, or foa's.

You can't rebuild them.
Thats why you spend the extra bucks for bilstein 7100's, fox 2.0's, or foa's.

X2 5100:confused: go to a rebuildable shock.
I was running 7100's (no res) good shocks. Just switched to Doetsch 2.2 Resivour shocks, these are GREAT shocks. Doetsch are very reasonably priced, way cheaper than fox or bilsteins.

Last edited:
Look around for used rebuildable shocks... I found my Fox 2.0's used for less then 1/3rd the original price and they came with rebuild kits and new oil and a buttload of shims.

Watch your local craigslist and race-dezert paulhead, its not uncommen to find pairs of 7100's for $150, and you can rebuild them for another $60 if they need it.

Call Bilstein. They revalved my 5150s. I know they also mentioned rebuilding them, but mine didn't need it. You'll have to send them to their San Diego facility.

Back