• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

black diamond 3 inch lift, what size tires?

txjeep103

NAXJA Forum User
i am a new jeep owner, just bought a 96 xj country 4x4 (first vehicle!) i am planning on getting a black diamond 3 inch lift kit. if i get the 2 inch budget boost, could i run 33 inch tires? any trimming?
thanks for any help!

thanks for the quick respose!
just to clarify- i would still need significant trimming even with the budget boost and lift kit?
would after market fender flares give me any more clearance? any specific manufacturer?

Don't run flares, if you do go with flares, spend the $ and get bushwackers. I don't like flares personally!! Run 33's with 4.56 IMO. With 30's I need to re-gear, 31's I would re-gear for sure.

chelms27 said:
Don't run flares, if you do go with flares, spend the $ and get bushwackers. I don't like flares personally!! Run 33's with 4.56 IMO. With 30's I need to re-gear, 31's I would re-gear for sure.
I dunno, I say save your money and don't get Bushwackers. They are waaaaay overpriced. Plus, they'll dwarf your tires. Go to a junkyard or Rusty's and pick up a set of OEM TJ flares. They flex better, look better, and will cost you much less.

I have a 2.5" lift with 33" tires, I trimmed a lot.
I have TJ flares, as the wider tires throw LOTS of stuff up at you in the mud; especially if ya take the doors off. (squeegying the inside of the rear hatch is kinda funny)

STUCK.jpg

More pics:
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/jfiscus/89 Jeep Cherokee/

jfiscus said:
(squeegying the inside of the rear hatch is kinda funny)
yeah, i immagine! thanks for all of the info guys. i think ill go with the black diamond 3 inch with a BB.
here is my shopping list so far...
black diamond 3 inch lift
2" TrueTwo coil spring spacers
33x10.5 all terrain tires
15x8 rims

another question, will i need shackles in the back if i put the budget boost in?
thanks for puttin up with me,
txjeep

ive got the BD 3" kit (coils, LCAs, AAL). After settling, really sits at about 2.5". I currently run 31s on stock rims with no trimming and discos. I have also extended bump stops becuase of some inner guard fouling at full flex.

I'm running the 3" BD with a 2" budget boost on 31x10.50 right now, but i'm looking to bump up to 33's real soon. With 31x10.50, you'll rub on the LCA's at a full turn, but when i put the budget boost on that problem went away.

kyfreeride04 said:
I'm running the 3" BD with a 2" budget boost on 31x10.50 right now, but i'm looking to bump up to 33's real soon. With 31x10.50, you'll rub on the LCA's at a full turn, but when i put the budget boost on that problem went away.
what do you use in the back with the 2 inch budget boost in the front?

I installed the 3" Black Diamond kit a couple of months ago and the add-a-leafs ended up lifting over 4". I used it like that for about a month (daily driver) and then added 1.5" coil spacers up front to level it out.

Back