• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjustable trac bar question

cubanater

NAXJA Forum User
well im sitting at a 3in lift right now and i have my upper and lower control arms sitting in my garage, which i plan on installing all at the same time... now my question is would i have any problems with a adjustable trac bar from a 97-06 tj trac bar? also i would like to know how far to adjust for my 3in...

thanks

Standard trackbars will work for all XJ/TJ/ZJs. The "HD" trackbars with their own frame bracket are the same between models, but you just need the XJ-specific bracket.

The best way to figure out the length is just to install it and then measure until your axle is centered.

Got my adjustable trackbar and control arms from ironman today(http://www.ironman4x4fab.com)! With the bar on, measure the distance from 2 points on inside tire or wheel lip to frame. Do the same on the other side. My right side was 3/4" longer than the left side. I basically need to adjust the bar to be 3/8" shorter than stock. Now to do the caster measuring to figure the control arm adjustments. . .

Got my adjustable trackbar and control arms from ironman today(http://www.ironman4x4fab.com)! With the bar on, measure the distance from 2 points on inside tire or wheel lip to frame. Do the same on the other side. My right side was 3/4" longer than the left side. I basically need to adjust the bar to be 3/8" shorter than stock. Now to do the caster measuring to figure the control arm adjustments. . .

Huh? If anything you'd have to make the adjustable trackbar LONGER than the stock one...The axle moves to the left (driver's) side as you lift the jeep.

Maybe you had to make it 3/8" shorter than it was initially set at???

Makes sense to me. If he is 3/4" to far to the passenger side, shortening the bar will bring it back towards center. The TB mounts on the driver side, right?

Yes. It's connected to the frame on the driver side and to the axle on the passenger side.

My Jeep is lowered 2-2.5", so my track bar is too long. The ball joint end of the trackbar is bolted to the driver's side frame.

When I lifted mine (3.5 RE lift) there was no need for an adjustable TB, as the axle was centered, if not a little to the passenger side. When I went past that to 4.5 inches with spacers, I installed an RE adjustable, but it is all the way in (i.e. not really adjusted) and it sits perfectly in the center.

gradon - being lowered, you're headed the other direction and any parts designed for lifts are obviously not going to work. Unless you can find one built specifically for lowering, your only option would be to figure the movement needed and have your TB cut down and re-welded.

Back