• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Raleigh-area body shop recommendation?

anthrax323

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I was an idiot and bought a bit of a dud in terms of my XJ (i.e. frame damage from a rear-end collision that was never repaired) and need to find a place that will pull the frame and do any other repairs as needed. The place that came highly recommended, Haddock (on Maynard in Cary), turned my car away saying they wouldn't fix it due to liability reasons... They said there's a decent chance some of the metal may tear (at one of the kinks) if it was pulled, and simply cannot take that chance.

Does anyone know of a shop they could recommend who would pull a questionable frame? Ideally if you've had the same work done, that'd be awesome... Your rating of them would be great as well.

Thanks in advance... I really hope I can get this thing into better shape.

Give RJ&G car care on Hillsboro st in Cary a try (they're right up the road from the soccer park) The shop has always done flawless work for me and they're super nice guys. Been using them for 5+ yrs and my DD has spent more days there than I care to remember over the past 18 months :rolleyes: but it comes out great every time.

Sounds like you'd be better off buying an XJ with a straight 'frame' rather than trying to get this one leveled out.

Give RJ&G car care on Hillsboro st in Cary a try (they're right up the road from the soccer park) The shop has always done flawless work for me and they're super nice guys. Been using them for 5+ yrs and my DD has spent more days there than I care to remember over the past 18 months :rolleyes: but it comes out great every time.

Great Shop. They did some awesome work on my Wifes Blazer as well. Looked brand new when we got it back and they took ate other driver's insurance company for lunch. Did not take a single shortcut that I could find.

Another option is a little mom and pop place called Beryl Rd Auto. It is behind the Waffle House on Hillsboro. The place is kinda shady, but the people who own it are nice enough. If RJ&G won't pull it, Beryl Rd Might.

RJ&G did a great job on my buddies Porsche 951 (twice). Matched the paint almost perfectly, and worked with him finding the exact replacement panels he wanted.

I have also seen good work done from Haddocks, and talked to a couple technicians up there. If they don't want to touch it, you really should consider that the body is just unsafe, and you need to start looking for another one.

Back