• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibes.

88manche

NAXJA Forum User
Im having some vibe troubles with my MJ. I've changed 3 sets of tires, including ones that i know are good. Its lifted 5'', short arms, adjustable track bar, etc. Pinion angles are correct.

My vibration happens at about 40-60 mph. It feels like a side to side motion as well as an up and down. The vibration starts to go away when i turn the wheels, or coast.

I have a front wheel bearing going out, and thats about all the problems with my front end i have. I've had this truck for about a year and Its never really driven straight or smooth. Anyone have any ideas of what to check?

Condition of your engine and trans mounts?

Pass side motormount looks seperated, I need to see if it actually is or not. Trans mount, not sure about, I'll check it tomorrow.

So a wheel bearing could be causing this?

Yes, wheel bearing can affect it, but if it doesnt drive straight, an alignment/trackbar or maybe you need long arms.

Back