• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Problem

KJurasek

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a mixed lift. Mostly Rubicon, but ACOS spacers, JKS shackles, and other mixed parts. I think the lift is somewhere around 6". Now here is the problem, I have a Currie steering system installed and it seems to be contacting the passenger sway link mount on axle. I could cut the mount and relocate it but not sure if that is the real problem. I was checking on here if anyone knew about extending the steering linkage on the knuckles.

Is this possible with stock knuckles on the D 30? Or do I have to get after market knuckles?

For now, I am going to cut the sway link mount and steering stabilizer mount on the axle and move them back about an inch.

I know there are high steer kits out there, but I wanted to see what solutions other people had with this problem.

Input is appreciated.

KJ

Can you post some pics? I have a similar system with the HD Currie Steering and mixed lift about 6 inches or so and do not have this problem. I just walked to the garage to check and there's no way my steering would ever interfere with the sway link mount. It comes about half an inch or so from the steering stabilizer bolt but would not contact it even at extreme angles.

The difference between what your each seeing is wheelbase and/or castor!

Back