• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bad tire wear on new tires

latenights

NAXJA Forum User
I got a 96 xj stock hieght and i just bought new 30" bfg ats about 4000 miles ago. I went out and looked at my xj cause im really bored and i noticed that the front tires look more worn down then the rear so i measured it and there about 1/8 - 3/16 more worn down then the rear and its only been about 4000 miles. about 6 months ago i di the draglink end that goes into the pitman arm and then had an alignment after that. i teh mechanic mad it worse though. after that whenever i went over a painted surface i heard a screaching noise like i was sliding. so when i got my new tires i had my friend who works at a dealer mount balence and give me and alignment and he said the alignment was already in the green but it did what he could to make it a little better. well with my new tires it still makes a screeching noise and when ur looking strait on to the xj one tire looks a very little off then the other but none of my other friends really noticed it when i told them about it. i just dont want to be spending another 130$ each plus balencing alot sooner then i have to. is there anything i can check for so i can see why my fronts are wearing really fast. also when im going slow i can kinda hear a tire sliding noise on paved surfaces as if the tire was off from the other. sorry about the long explaination i couldnt make it any shorter haha

Is your tire pressure the same on all tires? Do you use 4wd on the street or leave it in 2wd most of the time?

I've noticed that on the AT's you have to rotate more often then other tires, too. 36 psi seems like a little to much pressure

yeah i was planning on rotating my tires every oil change too, ok ill bring them down a fe psi and see what happens and thanks for the link hubs97 ill check ot after work. and i kinda feels like my ball joints are going so ill check them also.

Back