• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rearview mirror fell off :(

T3hk1w1

NAXJA Forum User
The CB radio mount above my XJ's rearview mirror was loose and apparently was putting enough weight on the mirror that it fell off yesterday! Is there an easy way to remount it?

can't hype surface prep enough... if they say to swab it off with acetone, do it or it won't stick. if they say to smear it with vaseline... don't ask questions, do it. I don't care if they say you have to wipe it clean with the shroud of Turin, dampened with holy water, you DO IT or you can guarantee that darn thing will peel back off.

prep is the key. i've used super glue and had it work so well i pulled a chunk of glass loose when i knocked the mirror back off while taking out the dash

A good reason for using the appropriate glue. I'd rather spend the $2 and use the right adhesive that will give way before the windshield if I whack it hard enough, or pop off instead of impaling my skull in an accident.

Back