• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OE fender flare brackets

Droopy76

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody know where I could get the fender flare brackets for a 98 XJ? I am in the middle of doing a little rust prevention on my heep and I decided to remove the fender flares. Big mistake! All the bolts broke off and what was underneath turned to dust. There is no saving them. I'm afraid to ask what the stealership would charge for these if they could even get them. Any help would be appreciated.

You want part numbers:
LEFT FRONT 5515 5677AC
LEFT REAR 5515 5675AA
RIGHT FRONT 5515 5676AC
RIGHT REAR 5515 5674AA

for sources, try googling the part numbers, mopardiscountparts.com, moparpartsamerica.com, moparliquidators.com, wholesalemopar.com, and perhaps stores.zmjeeps.com but they don't do much with trim/body parts.

EDIT: mopardiscountparts.com DEFINITELY has them. Looks like 20 bucks a whack, not bad! Call the stealership just in case to see if they have them for cheaper than that, if they do, buy them and then buy some lottery tickets.

Last edited:
I had some of the studs break off when I removed my flares. I just bought some bolts and welded them in after removing the rest of the broken studs.

Or use the old peices as templates and make new ones before I went to the dealer.

Jet

Droopy - no problem, I'll fire you a PM with some more info you can probably use.

Jetfixr - that's what I did, mine were luckily not rusted enough to fall apart when I pulled them out. One was pretty heavily rusted, I ended up going to the junkyard and picking one up (also with broken bolts) that was barely rusted and tacking a few #10-24 bolts in, needed more practice welding anyways...

Back